Dermal Filler Injections
Pre care Instructions
- Avoid blood-thinning over the counter medications such as Aspirin®, Brufen®, Voltaren® and other anti-inflammatory medications for 4-10 days before your treatment. Panado® is fine to use. Avoid Omega 3 Fatty acids and Arnica as they also thin the blood and increase your risk of bruising. Please notify me if you are using prescription or non-prescription blood thinners so extra precaution can be taken to avoid bruising.
- Come in 15 minutes early if you would like topical anaesthetic cream to be applied.
- If this is your first time receiving dermal filler a “before” photo will be taken. This is confidential and will not be shown to anyone without your express permission.
- Please remove any foundation before your appointment if possible.
What to expect after Dermal Fillers
- After Dermal Filler injections temporary swelling can occur which may last 3 to 5 days.
- Mild bruising is common and may take up to 10 days to resolve. Bruising gel is available should you need it. Otherwise apply Arnica, Traumeel® or Voltaren® gel.
- Mild tenderness to the injected area can occur once the anaesthetic has worn off. Two Panado® can be taken if necessary.
- Very occasionally after Dermal Fillers, painless lumps may form which resolve with time. Gentle massaging of the area will improve the result.
- Mottling/ blanching of the skin can occur in very rare circumstances (1 in 10 000 cases) This may be accompanied by pain in the injected site. Should you notice these changes please phone immediately. The filler can be dissolved with Hyalase and appropriate action will be taken.
Post care Instructions
- Immediately post-procedure Lycogel® make- up can be used. Lycogel® is a breathable make- up that reduces heat and inflammation and promotes skin healing by creating a barrier-repair system. It also has a built-in sunscreen. If you want to you can sleep with the Lycogel® on that first night. When removing the makeup at night, do not scrub vigorously as it is water-resistant. If some makeup remains on the skin overnight this is not a problem as it is a breathable, healing make up and will not irritate. Gently wash skin again in the morning, apply moisturizer, sunscreen and your Lycogel® make up.
- After the procedure, you can use an ice pack at home to lessen any redness and swelling. If necessary, apply ice to the treated area for 2 – 3 hours post injections.
- You may put makeup on immediately and resume whatever activities you have planned, although you may be a little red and swollen for a day or two.
- A two-week complimentary follow-up appointment is recommended.
- Drink plenty of water the day of your injections