Injection Mesotherapy instructions
Pre care instructions:
- If possible avoid Aspirin, Non- Steroidal Anti- Inflammatory medications such as Myprodol, Arnica,
Omega 3&6, fatty acids and high dose Vitamin E supplements for 10 days before the treatment to minimize bruising during treatment
- If you have irritated skin, infected skin, a fungal skin infection or active acne your appointment
should be scheduled once the skin has healed.
- Arrive half an hour before your treatment time for the application of numbing cream or apply it yourself at home half to one hour before the procedure.
- Remove all makeup before applying numbing cream.
Possible side effects:
- The Injection mesotherapy induces minute punctures to the skin. This is not visible on the skin.
The needle only penetrates through the epidermis and does not remove it. This way the skins’ natural protective barrier remains intact. The pierced epidermis rapidly heals in a matter of hours.
- After the procedure, the treated skin has the appearance of mild redness, blotchiness, pin-prick blood spots, possibly minor bruising and slight swelling which improves over the next 24 hours
- Occasionally you may experience bruising in the injection areas
- Some more affected areas can take a day or two to settle and can look like bee stings.
- The side effects get less and less with each mesotherapy session as your skin strengthens.
Post Care Instructions
- Immediately post-treatment the doctor will massage a healing gel onto your skin followed by sunscreen and or medical concealer Lycogel®
- Immediately post-procedure you can start to use Lycogel make up. R barrier Repair cream. Lycogel is a breathable concealer that reduces heat and inflammation as well as promotes skin healing while providing natural protection all day long. It will also keep your skin protected with SPF 30.
- When removing the Lycogel makeup at night, do not scrub vigorously-it is water-resistant. If some
Lycogel makeup remains on the skin overnight this is okay as it is a breathable, healing makeup and will not irritate.
- Gently wash skin again in the morning, apply moisturizer or Post Procedure Gel, sunscreen and your Lycogel make up.
- Avoid sun exposure for the duration of the treatment schedule.
- Daily use of sunscreen is recommended.
- You can resume your normal skincare following your treatment
Contact Dr Norval if you note any :
Bleeding, scabbing, increasing redness, white pustules appearing, abnormal swelling lasting longer than 24 hours or increasing itchiness.
A follow-up appointment will be made and immediate care instructions given over the phone if necessary.