Lamprobe® pre and post care instructions
- Avoid the sun for two weeks before Lamprobe® treatment
- Inform the doctor if you are on any Vitamin A containing products eg Retin A®, Roacutane® etc
- Inform the doctor if you are on any form of skin sensitising medications eg anti-epileptic treatment, antibiotics
- Avoid blood-thinning over the counter medications such as aspirin, Brufen®, Voltaren® and other anti-inflammatory medications. For 3 days before treatment. Paracetamol is fine to use. Avoid Omega 3 Fatty acids and arnica as they also thin the blood and increase your risk of bruising. Please notify the doctor if you are using prescription or non-prescription blood thinners so extra precaution can be taken to avoid bruising.
- Come in 15 minutes early if you would like topical anaesthetic cream to be applied. For larger lesions, a local anaesthetic (lignocaine) may be injected. Please inform the doctor if you are allergic or react to lignocaine or adrenaline.
- A “before” photo may be taken.
Post – care Instructions
- After treatment with the Lamprobe®, the treated areas may feel irritated and red for a few days. A scab may form.
- Make sure you DO NOT PICK AT THE SCABS because prematurely removing scabs will hamper effective healing and cause hyper-pigmentation, hypo-pigmentation, scarring or infection.
- When cleansing the face or showering, avoid using any products (including soap) on the area for the next 24 – 48 hours.
- When cleansing the face or showering use only mild products without alcohol. e.g. Cetaphil®
- Pat the area dry instead of rubbing to prevent removal of the scab.
- Apply some Fucidin® or Bactroban® or medicated powder to the cosmetically treated area for 4 days post-treatment.
- Keep the area dry for the next 24 – 48 hours following treatment,
- Protect with a plaster if necessary. Especially in an area of friction or if clothes are irritating the treated area.
- Avoid direct sunlight during peak hours (11 am to 5 pm).
- Use of sun protection during the day, all year round, is recommended. Use an SPF 50 Sunscreen e g Heliocare® and apply twice daily
- Do not use any other form of peeling, bleaching products or Retinol for at least 21 days after Lamprobe® treatments.
- Do not apply make-up on the cosmetically treated area, for 24 hours following treatment. Unless it’s a medical concealer eg Lycogel® or DP Cover Recover®
After Lamprobe® scabbing can occur. Once the scab falls off the area may be pink for a few weeks and will slowly take on the natural colour of the skin. For certain lesions, more than one treatment session might be required. For optimal results, it is important to follow the pre and post-care instructions closely.