Non cross-linked (liquid) forms of Hyaluronic Acid are used for skin boosting. An excellent skin booster is made up of a dermal restructuring complex containing hyaluronic acid, peptides, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. Skin Boosters are designed to prevent premature skin aging, restore skin density and maintain skin glow. A good skin booster will be composed of ingredients naturally found in the skin, and act as an overall skin enhancer and revitalizer.
Skin boosters are either injected into the skin manually or via a meso-gun or infused during micro-needling. The results are increased hydration, collagen and elastin, improving skin quality, firmness, texture, elasticity and strength.
The ideal skin booster contains the following essential ingredients for optimal skin redensification:
- Natural, highly concentrated non crosslinked HA to improve hydration, firmness and viscoelastic properties of the skin
- Amino acids A (especially leucine which is essential for cell regeneration processes )
- Antioxidants (including glutathione, recognized for their ability to protect against free radicals)
- Minerals, such as zinc and copper
- Vitamin B6, which is involved in cell metabolism
- Lidocaine to contribute to patient comfort during the injection
Skin boosters are used to improve several characteristics of the skin that are negatively impacted by age:
- Sun-Damaged Skin
- Loss of Skin Elasticity
- Thin, Damaged Skin
- Sagging Skin and Imperfections